Sometimes the mattress market can become overwhelming and overcrowded. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. Not only would you need a bed that can conform to your body well despite the changes you will go through, but also last you for a longer period.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We will also be looking at some of the most popular models. You might soon be in shock that you can customize however you want to make your sleep a little better than before!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: An Overview 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! It has been a leader in latex mattress manufacturing, ensuring that its outstanding line-up is safe for all.
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros:
- High-performing materials make beds that are extremely durable
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Cooling abilities overall are outstanding
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- Pressure relief can be a hit-or-miss across the board
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Without further ado, let’s take a close inspection of the top-selling mattress the latex mattress specialist has to offer!
Choose Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is made of a blend of organic cotton and natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1499 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Organic cotton knit quilted to 1″ Eco-Wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- It is a 100% organic, highly breathable and natural construction.
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- It may have a higher price range than the models in its competition.
This Mattress is for Everyone
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. This bed is ideal for people who want a bed they can easily adjust. 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
Also known as the Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress, Sleep EZ’s Natural Latex model offers sleepers the same fantastic features as the previously mentioned Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
The Select Sleep Natural mattress, like the Organic one, allows you to adjust the comfort level to your liking. You can choose from a dual-firmness or strategically designed surface that contours to your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $749 (Select 7″) $1149 (1149 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- The mostly latex material may not sit well for some sleepers
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who should use this mattress?
The Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress, like the organic version, is great for those who want a customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. It is a flippable mattress that can be reconfigured whenever it feels uncomfortable. The price starts at $549. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is 100% natural latex from top to bottom. The quilted cotton cover contains traces of synthetic material. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL $599 (without foundation), $1424 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 without foundation. King: $1749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2″ foam on each side (3 total).
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It provides enough bounce to allow for greater mobility on either side of the bed.
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- The overall construction quality is a downgrade compared to its higher-priced counterparts
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ’s Other Product Offers
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers the same customizable functions as its all latex counterparts. What sets it off the edge from others is its much stronger edge support contributed by the construction frame. 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
For those wondering if the previous model has an upgraded version, look no further than the Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. It also has a quilted organic cotton-wool cover that can easily be removable using a 360-degree zipper that goes along the perimeter of the mattress, giving sleepers the chance to adjust its firmness anytime.
Other notable product offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model at one time, but this has since been discontinued. It may be available online and at third-party mattress retailers in the United States. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. Sleep EZ has been praised by customers for their exceptional customer service, which is friendly and reliable in all times of need.
Customers also stated that shipping was fast and easy. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. The family-owned company is a specialist in latex mattresses and will do everything it can to accommodate all types of sleepers, whether they are humans or domestic pets.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. Customers can adjust the firmness level of selected models or arrange the layers to their liking. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. Arizona residents can visit its showroom in Tempe or one of its mattress stores in Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. According to the company’s delivery policy, free shipping applies to the US mainland states, but customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to pay an additional $99 fee. Canadian customers will be charged $149 per box.
Does Sleep EZ offer a trial period and a warranty on all its mattresses?
Yes, it does! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. 4 Inch Natural Latex Mattress Topper