The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. With thousands of models, sizes, and brands to choose from, it can be quite difficult to choose the perfect one to suit your physical needs. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
What if we told you that there is one brand that can give you both of those options, plus more? Today, we’ll take a close look at Sleep EZ, a family-owned sleep specialist with firsthand expertise in latex mattresses. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: An Overview Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe
Sleep EZ is a family-owned company that specializes in organically-sourced latex mattresses and other types of bed-related needs. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! It has been a leader in latex mattress manufacturing, ensuring that its outstanding line-up is safe for all.
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Most mattresses (non-hybrid types) have decent motion isolation and much better noise absorption
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
A Look at Sleep EZ’s Mattress Line-up
According to the official website of Sleep EZ, they currently sell these mattress models. Most of their materials here are naturally sourced and generally safe for the whole family to use and sleep on. They have also complied with a variety of environmental standard certificates, further guaranteeing that the processes they’ve been subject to do not produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Choose Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. The bed is made up of three layers of Talalay or Dunlop latex. Each layer can be ordered in a variety of comfort levels, from soft to firm. The cover is made of a blend of organic cotton and natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. The bed cover can be removed so that you can change the layers as you need them.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $949 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1499 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay or Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
This Mattress is for Everyone
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe
Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted to 1″ natural Joma wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- It provides sleepers with enough comfort, but that will depend on the layers’ firmnesses and structure
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. You may feel a firmer surface while you are lying down on it. On the other, you will feel a more comfortable feeling.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. In addition, its latex and covers have enough breathable properties needed for a cool night’s sleep.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 without foundation. King: $1749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Has decently nice cooling abilities
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
Considering the materials and construction, the Roma is a solid choice for individuals looking for either an entry-level model from Sleep EZ, a very budget-friendly product, or a bed that’s more suited for long-term singles.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress has everything you can expect from a high-quality Sleep EZ latex bed, but this time, it includes eight inches’ worth of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils sandwiched between a 3″ latex surface on one side and 2″ on the other. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. What sets it off the edge from others is its much stronger edge support contributed by the construction frame. Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
For those wondering if the previous model has an upgraded version, look no further than the Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress. This bed is unique because it offers sleepers extra comfort and conforms to their bodies thanks to its 3″ adjustable latex pillowstop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other Notable Product Offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model at one time, but this has since been discontinued. It may be available online and at third-party mattress retailers in the United States. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What Do Customers Have to Say About Sleep EZ?
Based on the numerous reviews we could find, the reception with Sleep EZ as a whole remains to be mostly positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. If there’s one thing that customers can attest to the most, it’s Sleep EZ’s opportunity to let them build and customize whichever type of firmness they may like: for instance, they can adjust the comfort level of any of the select mattresses’ layers before they could check out and wait for them to be delivered.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. The family-owned company is a specialist in latex mattresses and will do everything it can to accommodate all types of sleepers, whether they are humans or domestic pets.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. The same can be applied to flippable mattresses.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattress offerings are made in the US – its factory is located in Tempe, AZ.
Where can I buy Sleep EZ mattresses?
Sleep EZ’s mattresses and other bed accessories can be purchased through its official website at sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Does Sleep EZ offer a trial period and a warranty on all its mattresses?
Yes, it does! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. Does Latex Mattress Need To Breathe