The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. With thousands of models, sizes, and brands to choose from, it can be quite difficult to choose the perfect one to suit your physical needs. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ.
Sleep EZ: A Overview Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sleep EZ offers a wide range of comfortable and exceptionally durable mattresses, each suited for every household. You may have seen its best-selling organic and natural latex mattresses, as well as the Roma and hybrid collections. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Cooling abilities overall are outstanding
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- Pressure relief can be a hit-or-miss across the board
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
A Look at Sleep EZ’s Mattress Line-up
According to the official website of Sleep EZ, they currently sell these mattress models. Most of their materials here are naturally sourced and generally safe for the whole family to use and sleep on. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is made of a blend of organic cotton and natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. The bed cover can be removed so that you can change the layers as you need them.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay or Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
Who Should Use This Mattress?
People who have allergies or suffer from breathing problems due to contact with synthetic surfaces should consider the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
Also known as the Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress, Sleep EZ’s Natural Latex model offers sleepers the same fantastic features as the previously mentioned Organic Latex bed. Only the quality of the construction and the final price are the only differences between the two beds. The former is 100% organic, but the latter has no such thing, and it is all-natural. This model starts at $200, which is a significant discount.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. You can also change the three-layer structure of this bed from the comfort of your own home thanks to the removable cover made of 100% natural cotton or Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its temperature neutrality performance may be a hit-or-miss depending on the location’s climate
Who Should Use This Mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. For those who are somewhat interested in the previous bed but are running short on budget, this may be a great choice as well. Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. You may feel a firmer surface while you are lying down on it. On the other, you will feel a more comfortable feeling.
The Roma’s construction is 100% natural latex from top to bottom. The quilted cotton cover contains traces of synthetic material. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. In addition, its latex and covers have enough breathable properties needed for a cool night’s sleep.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 without foundation $1024 with Natural Wood 8″
- Queen: $799 (without foundation) ~ $1794 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2″ foam on each side (3 total).
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Has decently nice cooling abilities
- It does not have enough suitable opportunities for those who prefer softer surfaces
- The overall construction quality is a downgrade compared to its higher-priced counterparts
Who should use this mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ’s Other Product Offers
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. What sets it off the edge from others is its much stronger edge support contributed by the construction frame. Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
For those wondering if the previous model has an upgraded version, look no further than the Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress. This bed is unique because it offers sleepers extra comfort and conforms to their bodies thanks to its 3″ adjustable latex pillowstop. It also has a quilted organic cotton-wool cover that can easily be removable using a 360-degree zipper that goes along the perimeter of the mattress, giving sleepers the chance to adjust its firmness anytime.
Other notable product offers
Though it may not be advertised in its online shop, Sleep EZ sells specialty mattresses for an extra edge, such as the Ultimate King Latex Mattress, which is much larger and wider than the standard California King model, as well as other types of beds designed for home and travel use – this includes custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds for babies to sleep on, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. It may be available online and at third-party mattress retailers in the United States. That aside, Sleep EZ also offers sleepers a handful of bed accessories such as zippered covers, latex pillows, mattress toppers, and bedding. You can also buy bed foundations, from wooden to adjustable bases.
What Do Customers Have to Say About Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. Sleep EZ has been praised by customers for their exceptional customer service, which is friendly and reliable in all times of need.
Customers also stated that shipping was fast and easy. If there’s one thing that customers can attest to the most, it’s Sleep EZ’s opportunity to let them build and customize whichever type of firmness they may like: for instance, they can adjust the comfort level of any of the select mattresses’ layers before they could check out and wait for them to be delivered.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. Customers can adjust the firmness level of selected models or arrange the layers to their liking. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
There’s something for everyone, no matter what kind of bed you choose. That’s why the Sleep EZ brand is so underrated. Other popular brands may offer sleepers lots of diversity, but not as much as Sleep EZ.
FAQ Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I buy Sleep EZ mattresses?
Sleep EZ’s mattresses and other bed accessories can be purchased through its official website at sleepez.com. Arizona residents can visit its showroom in Tempe or one of its mattress stores in Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. According to the company’s delivery policy, free shipping applies to the US mainland states, but customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to pay an additional $99 fee. Canadian customers will be charged $149 per box.
Does Sleep EZ offer a trial period and a warranty on all its mattresses?
Yes, it does! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. It also offers a 20-year warranty on Select Sleep Organic Latex models, and a ten year warranty on the Roma Latex model. Hybrid Latex Mattress Factories