The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: A Overview Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. You may have seen its best-selling organic and natural latex mattresses, as well as the Roma and hybrid collections. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Except for hybrid mattresses, most of the mattresses lack edge support.
- Pressure relief can be a hit-or-miss across the board
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
A Look at Sleep EZ’s Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. Most of their materials here are naturally sourced and generally safe for the whole family to use and sleep on. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. The bed is made up of three layers of Talalay or Dunlop latex. Each layer can be ordered in a variety of comfort levels, from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
The best thing about the Organic Latex mattress? It allows you to adjust the firmness of the layers by changing them at home. The bed cover can be removed so that you can change the layers as you need them.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay or Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton knit quilted to 1″ Eco-Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
Who Should Use This Mattress?
People who have allergies or suffer from breathing problems due to contact with synthetic surfaces should consider the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
Also known as the Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress, Sleep EZ’s Natural Latex model offers sleepers the same fantastic features as the previously mentioned Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. You can also change the three-layer structure of this bed from the comfort of your own home thanks to the removable cover made of 100% natural cotton or Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) 1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted to 1″ natural Joma wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its temperature neutrality performance may be a hit-or-miss depending on the location’s climate
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress, like the organic version, is great for those who want a customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress
Roma Latex Mattress
The Roma Mattress is Sleep EZ’s most affordable model offered to date. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 (without foundation) ~ $1794 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $2749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- It provides sleepers with adjustable capabilities thanks to its flippable nature
- It provides enough bounce to allow for greater mobility on either side of the bed.
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It does not have enough suitable opportunities for those who prefer softer surfaces
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who should use this mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress has everything you can expect from a high-quality Sleep EZ latex bed, but this time, it includes eight inches’ worth of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils sandwiched between a 3″ latex surface on one side and 2″ on the other. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. This bed is unique because it offers sleepers extra comfort and conforms to their bodies thanks to its 3″ adjustable latex pillowstop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other notable product offers
Though it may not be advertised in its online shop, Sleep EZ sells specialty mattresses for an extra edge, such as the Ultimate King Latex Mattress, which is much larger and wider than the standard California King model, as well as other types of beds designed for home and travel use – this includes custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds for babies to sleep on, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model at one time, but this has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
Based on the numerous reviews we could find, the reception with Sleep EZ as a whole remains to be mostly positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. Sleep EZ has been praised by customers for their exceptional customer service, which is friendly and reliable in all times of need.
Customers also stated that shipping was fast and easy. If there’s one thing that customers can attest to the most, it’s Sleep EZ’s opportunity to let them build and customize whichever type of firmness they may like: for instance, they can adjust the comfort level of any of the select mattresses’ layers before they could check out and wait for them to be delivered.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
What we particularly like about its mattresses is the extra factor of reconfiguration and customization. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
There’s something for everyone, no matter what kind of bed you choose. That’s why the Sleep EZ brand is so underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ’s mattresses and other bed accessories can be purchased through its official website at sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes, it does! Every mattress in the current Sleep EZ line-up comes with a 90-night trial period. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. Hybrid Meory Foam And Latex Mattress