Sometimes the mattress market can become overwhelming and overcrowded. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? Today, we’ll take a close look at Sleep EZ, a family-owned sleep specialist with firsthand expertise in latex mattresses. We will also be looking at some of the most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: An Overview I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ is a family-owned company that specializes in organically-sourced latex mattresses and other types of bed-related needs. Although it was founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing and trademarked in 1976 by the company, the Sleep EZ brand was not acquired or trademarked until around ten year later. Before that, ‘Sleep EZ” had been in existence since 1935. It has been a leader in latex mattress manufacturing, ensuring that its outstanding line-up is safe for all.
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros:
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Offers users a diverse range of customization possibilities
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Cooling abilities overall are outstanding
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- Pressure relief can be a hit-or-miss across the board
- Prices for some beds may be higher than those in the market
A Look at Sleep EZ’s Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They have also complied with a variety of environmental standard certificates, further guaranteeing that the processes they’ve been subject to do not produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Choose Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is made of a blend of organic cotton and natural wool.
The best thing about the Organic Latex mattress? It allows you to adjust the firmness of the layers by changing them at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay or Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- It is a 100% organic, highly breathable and natural construction.
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- It may have a higher price range than the models in its competition.
This Mattress is for Everyone
People who have allergies or suffer from breathing problems due to contact with synthetic surfaces should consider the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
The Select Sleep Natural mattress, like the Organic one, allows you to adjust the comfort level to your liking. You can choose from a dual-firmness or strategically designed surface that contours to your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is 100% natural latex from top to bottom. The quilted cotton cover contains traces of synthetic material. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL $599 (without foundation), $1424 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 (without foundation) ~ $1794 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Has decently nice cooling abilities
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who should use this mattress?
Considering the materials and construction, the Roma is a solid choice for individuals looking for either an entry-level model from Sleep EZ, a very budget-friendly product, or a bed that’s more suited for long-term singles.
Sleep EZ’s Other Product Offers
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other notable product offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. You can also buy bed foundations, from wooden to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
Sleep EZ has a lot to offer, from the positive reviews to the ability for sleepers to change the way they sleep. The family-owned company is a specialist in latex mattresses and will do everything it can to accommodate all types of sleepers, whether they are humans or domestic pets.
What we particularly like about its mattresses is the extra factor of reconfiguration and customization. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. The same can be applied to flippable mattresses.
There’s something for everyone, no matter what kind of bed you choose. That’s why the Sleep EZ brand is so underrated. Other popular brands may offer sleepers lots of diversity, but not as much as Sleep EZ.
FAQ I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress
Where is the Sleep EZ mattress model manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. Arizona residents can visit its showroom in Tempe or one of its mattress stores in Scottsdale.
Sleep EZ ships and delivers its products where and how?
Sleep EZ uses bed-in-a-box delivery on all its mattress models, and ships them to all 50 US states and select territories in Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will be charged $149 per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes, it does! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. It also offers a 20-year warranty on Select Sleep Organic Latex models, and a ten year warranty on the Roma Latex model. I Am Allergic To An Ikea Latex Mattress