Sometimes the mattress market can become overwhelming and overcrowded. With thousands of models, sizes, and brands to choose from, it can be quite difficult to choose the perfect one to suit your physical needs. Not only would you need a bed that can conform to your body well despite the changes you will go through, but also last you for a longer period.
What if we told you that there is one brand that can give you both of those options, plus more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We will also be looking at some of the most popular models. You might soon be in shock that you can customize however you want to make your sleep a little better than before!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: A Overview Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex
Sleep EZ is a family-owned company that specializes in organically-sourced latex mattresses and other types of bed-related needs. Although it was founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing and trademarked in 1976 by the company, the Sleep EZ brand was not acquired or trademarked until around ten year later. Before that, ‘Sleep EZ” had been in existence since 1935. Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. Apart from those, it also sells useful accessories as well as specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- High-performing materials make beds that are extremely durable
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Cooling abilities overall are outstanding
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Cons of Sleep EZ:
- Except for hybrid mattresses, most of the mattresses lack edge support.
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. Most of their materials here are naturally sourced and generally safe for the whole family to use and sleep on. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Without further ado, let’s take a close inspection of the top-selling mattress the latex mattress specialist has to offer!
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
Arguably among Sleep EZ’s most popular product offerings, the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress makes use of 100% organic materials – staying true to the title, it complies with the standards of organic certificates such as the Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1499 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Organic cotton knit quilted to 1″ Eco-Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- It is a 100% organic, highly breathable and natural construction.
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- The latex construction may make it difficult for some to move the layers.
- It may have a higher price range than the models in its competition.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
People who have allergies or suffer from breathing problems due to contact with synthetic surfaces should consider the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex
Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. The former is 100% organic, but the latter has no such thing, and it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
The Select Sleep Natural mattress, like the Organic one, allows you to adjust the comfort level to your liking. You can choose from a dual-firmness or strategically designed surface that contours to your body. You can also change the three-layer structure of this bed from the comfort of your own home thanks to the removable cover made of 100% natural cotton or Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select 7″) $1149 (1149 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted to 1″ natural Joma wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its temperature neutrality performance may be a hit-or-miss depending on the location’s climate
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. For those who are somewhat interested in the previous bed but are running short on budget, this may be a great choice as well. Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. It is a flippable mattress that can be reconfigured whenever it feels uncomfortable. The price starts at $549. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $549 (without foundation) ~ $749 (with Natural Wood 8″ foundation)
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 without foundation $1024 with Natural Wood 8″
- Queen: $799 (without foundation) ~ $1794 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $2749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2″ foam on each side (3 total).
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- It provides sleepers with adjustable capabilities thanks to its flippable nature
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It does not have enough suitable opportunities for those who prefer softer surfaces
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who should use this mattress?
Considering the materials and construction, the Roma is a solid choice for individuals looking for either an entry-level model from Sleep EZ, a very budget-friendly product, or a bed that’s more suited for long-term singles.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. What sets it off the edge from others is its much stronger edge support contributed by the construction frame. Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
For those wondering if the previous model has an upgraded version, look no further than the Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress. This bed is unique because it offers sleepers extra comfort and conforms to their bodies thanks to its 3″ adjustable latex pillowstop. It also has a quilted organic cotton-wool cover that can easily be removable using a 360-degree zipper that goes along the perimeter of the mattress, giving sleepers the chance to adjust its firmness anytime.
Other Notable Product Offers
Though it may not be advertised in its online shop, Sleep EZ sells specialty mattresses for an extra edge, such as the Ultimate King Latex Mattress, which is much larger and wider than the standard California King model, as well as other types of beds designed for home and travel use – this includes custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds for babies to sleep on, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. That aside, Sleep EZ also offers sleepers a handful of bed accessories such as zippered covers, latex pillows, mattress toppers, and bedding. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What Do Customers Have to Say About Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. Sleep EZ has been praised by customers for their exceptional customer service, which is friendly and reliable in all times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattress offerings are made in the US – its factory is located in Tempe, AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed-in-a-box delivery on all its mattress models, and ships them to all 50 US states and select territories in Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. It also offers a 20-year warranty on Select Sleep Organic Latex models, and a ten year warranty on the Roma Latex model. Pure Cotton Mattress No Latex