The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. Not only would you need a bed that can conform to your body well despite the changes you will go through, but also last you for a longer period.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We will also be looking at some of the most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ.
Sleep EZ: A Overview Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Although it was founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing and trademarked in 1976 by the company, the Sleep EZ brand was not acquired or trademarked until around ten year later. Before that, ‘Sleep EZ” had been in existence since 1935. Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sleep EZ offers a wide range of comfortable and exceptionally durable mattresses, each suited for every household. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Today, Sleep EZ is still owned by the Wolfe family of mattress experts, this time of the third generation.
Overall Rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Offers users a diverse range of customization possibilities
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- All mattresses are eligible for free shipping within the US
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Except for hybrid mattresses, most of the mattresses lack edge support.
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Prices for some beds may be higher than those in the market
A Look at Sleep EZ’s Mattress Line-up
According to the official website of Sleep EZ, they currently sell these mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They have also complied with a variety of environmental standard certificates, further guaranteeing that the processes they’ve been subject to do not produce any dangerous outcomes. Without further ado, let’s take a close inspection of the top-selling mattress the latex mattress specialist has to offer!
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is one of the most sought-after products from Sleep EZ. It uses 100% organic materials and, true to its title, complies with organic certifications such as Oeko-Tex. The bed is made up of three layers of Talalay or Dunlop latex. Each layer can be ordered in a variety of comfort levels, from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton knit quilted to 1″ Eco-Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- It is a 100% organic, highly breathable and natural construction.
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- The latex construction may make it difficult for some to move the layers.
- It may have a higher price range than the models in its competition.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. Only the quality of the construction and the final price are the only differences between the two beds. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select 7″) $1149 (1149 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its temperature neutrality performance may be a hit-or-miss depending on the location’s climate
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. For those who are somewhat interested in the previous bed but are running short on budget, this may be a great choice as well. Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. It is a flippable mattress that can be reconfigured whenever it feels uncomfortable. The price starts at $549. You may feel a firmer surface while you are lying down on it. On the other, you will feel a more comfortable feeling.
The Roma’s construction is 100% natural latex from top to bottom. The quilted cotton cover contains traces of synthetic material. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. In addition, its latex and covers have enough breathable properties needed for a cool night’s sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 without foundation $1024 with Natural Wood 8″
- Queen: $799 (without foundation) ~ $1794 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- It provides sleepers with adjustable capabilities thanks to its flippable nature
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It does not have enough suitable opportunities for those who prefer softer surfaces
- The overall construction quality is a downgrade compared to its higher-priced counterparts
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers the same customizable functions as its all latex counterparts. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other Notable Product Offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. It may be available online and at third-party mattress retailers in the United States. That aside, Sleep EZ also offers sleepers a handful of bed accessories such as zippered covers, latex pillows, mattress toppers, and bedding. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
Based on the numerous reviews we could find, the reception with Sleep EZ as a whole remains to be mostly positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. Sleep EZ has been praised by customers for their exceptional customer service, which is friendly and reliable in all times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. The family-owned company is a specialist in latex mattresses and will do everything it can to accommodate all types of sleepers, whether they are humans or domestic pets.
What we particularly like about its mattresses is the extra factor of reconfiguration and customization. Customers can adjust the firmness level of selected models or arrange the layers to their liking. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
There’s something for everyone, no matter what kind of bed you choose. That’s why the Sleep EZ brand is so underrated. Other popular brands may offer sleepers lots of diversity, but not as much as Sleep EZ.
FAQ Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattress offerings are made in the US – its factory is located in Tempe, AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ’s mattresses and other bed accessories can be purchased through its official website at sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Does Sleep EZ offer a trial period and a warranty on all its mattresses?
Yes, it does! Every mattress in the current Sleep EZ line-up comes with a 90-night trial period. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. Ralph Lauren Latex Fusion Mattress Topper Review