Sometimes the mattress market can become overwhelming and overcrowded. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. Not only would you need a bed that can conform to your body well despite the changes you will go through, but also last you for a longer period.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. You might soon be in shock that you can customize however you want to make your sleep a little better than before!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: A Overview Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! It has been a leader in latex mattress manufacturing, ensuring that its outstanding line-up is safe for all.
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sleep EZ offers a wide range of comfortable and exceptionally durable mattresses, each suited for every household. You may have seen its best-selling organic and natural latex mattresses, as well as the Roma and hybrid collections. Apart from those, it also sells useful accessories as well as specialty mattresses. Today, Sleep EZ is still owned by the Wolfe family of mattress experts, this time of the third generation.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- All mattresses are eligible for free shipping within the US
Sleep EZ’s Cons:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
Arguably among Sleep EZ’s most popular product offerings, the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress makes use of 100% organic materials – staying true to the title, it complies with the standards of organic certificates such as the Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. The bed cover can be removed so that you can change the layers as you need them.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Organic cotton knit quilted to 1″ Eco-Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- The latex construction may make it difficult for some to move the layers.
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
This Mattress is for Everyone
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
Also known as the Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress, Sleep EZ’s Natural Latex model offers sleepers the same fantastic features as the previously mentioned Organic Latex bed. Only the quality of the construction and the final price are the only differences between the two beds. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. You can also change the three-layer structure of this bed from the comfort of your own home thanks to the removable cover made of 100% natural cotton or Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select 7″) $1149 (1149 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted to 1″ natural Joma wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It provides sleepers with enough comfort, but that will depend on the layers’ firmnesses and structure
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. You may feel a firmer surface while you are lying down on it. On the other, you will feel a more comfortable feeling.
The Roma’s construction is 100% natural latex from top to bottom. The quilted cotton cover contains traces of synthetic material. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 (without foundation) ~ $749 (with Natural Wood 8″ foundation)
- Twin XL $599 (without foundation), $1424 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- Full: $749 without foundation $1024 with Natural Wood 8″
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 without foundation. King: $1749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2″ foam on each side (3 total).
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It does not have enough suitable opportunities for those who prefer softer surfaces
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who should use this mattress?
Considering the materials and construction, the Roma is a solid choice for individuals looking for either an entry-level model from Sleep EZ, a very budget-friendly product, or a bed that’s more suited for long-term singles.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. It also has a quilted organic cotton-wool cover that can easily be removable using a 360-degree zipper that goes along the perimeter of the mattress, giving sleepers the chance to adjust its firmness anytime.
Other notable product offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. You can also buy bed foundations, from wooden to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. Customers who have slept on the mattresses from Sleep EZ are happy to share their experiences. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
From the positive reviews to the ability to let sleepers diversify the way they sleep, it’s no surprise that Sleep EZ does have a lot of tricks under its sleeve. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
What we particularly like about its mattresses is the extra factor of reconfiguration and customization. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander
Where is the Sleep EZ mattress model manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I buy Sleep EZ mattresses?
Sleep EZ’s mattresses and other bed accessories can be purchased through its official website at sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
Sleep EZ ships and delivers its products where and how?
Sleep EZ uses bed-in-a-box delivery on all its mattress models, and ships them to all 50 US states and select territories in Canada. The company’s delivery policy states that free shipping applies only to the US continental states. Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will have to pay $99 extra. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Does Sleep EZ offer a trial period and a warranty on all its mattresses?
Yes! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. It also offers a 20-year warranty on Select Sleep Organic Latex models, and a ten year warranty on the Roma Latex model. Ruby Latex Mattress By Englander