Sometimes the mattress market can become overwhelming and overcrowded. There are thousands of brands, sizes and models to choose from. It can be difficult to find the right one for you. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
What if we told you that there is one brand that can give you both of those options, plus more? Today, we’ll take a close look at Sleep EZ, a family-owned sleep specialist with firsthand expertise in latex mattresses. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ.
Sleep EZ: An Overview Sleep Ez Mattress Costco
Sleep EZ is a family-owned business that specializes in latex mattresses made from organic materials and other bed-related products. Although it was founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing and trademarked in 1976 by the company, the Sleep EZ brand was not acquired or trademarked until around ten year later. Before that, ‘Sleep EZ” had been in existence since 1935. Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sleep EZ offers a wide range of comfortable and exceptionally durable mattresses, each suited for every household. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. It also sells accessories and specialty mattresses. Sleep EZ, which is now in its third generation, is still owned and operated by the Wolfe family, a group of mattress specialists.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros:
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- All mattresses are eligible for free shipping within the US
Cons of Sleep EZ:
- Except for hybrid mattresses, most of the mattresses lack edge support.
- Pressure relief can be a hit-or-miss across the board
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Without further ado, let’s take a close inspection of the top-selling mattress the latex mattress specialist has to offer!
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
Arguably among Sleep EZ’s most popular product offerings, the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress makes use of 100% organic materials – staying true to the title, it complies with the standards of organic certificates such as the Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
The best thing about the Organic Latex mattress? It allows you to adjust the firmness of the layers by changing them at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) ~ $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- It is a 100% organic, highly breathable and natural construction.
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
This Mattress is for Everyone
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Sleep Ez Mattress Costco
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. Only the quality of the construction and the final price are the only differences between the two beds. The former is 100% organic, but the latter has no such thing, and it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
The Select Sleep Natural mattress, like the Organic one, allows you to adjust the comfort level to your liking. You can choose from a dual-firmness or strategically designed surface that contours to your body. You can also change the three-layer structure of this bed from the comfort of your own home thanks to the removable cover made of 100% natural cotton or Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select 7″) $1149 (1149 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex, one layer, 2″-3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted to 1″ natural Joma wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress, like the organic version, is great for those who want a customizable model. For those who are somewhat interested in the previous bed but are running short on budget, this may be a great choice as well. Sleep Ez Mattress Costco
Roma Latex Mattress
The Roma Mattress is Sleep EZ’s most affordable model offered to date. With a price range that starts at only $549, it is a flippable bed that allows sleepers the option of reconfiguration whenever they may not feel as comfortable on any which side. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $549 (without foundation) ~ $749 (with Natural Wood 8″ foundation)
- Twin XL: $599 (without foundation) ~ $1424 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Full: $749 without foundation $1024 with Natural Wood 8″
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 without foundation. $2749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases.
- Cal. King: $1099 without foundation. King: $1749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2″ foam on each side (3 total).
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Has decently nice cooling abilities
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- The overall construction quality is a downgrade compared to its higher-priced counterparts
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ’s Other Product Offers
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers everything you would expect from a premium Sleep EZ latex mattress. However, this model includes eight inches of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils that are sandwiched between a 3 inch latex surface and a 2 inch latex surface. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. What sets it off the edge from others is its much stronger edge support contributed by the construction frame. Sleep Ez Mattress Costco
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other Notable Product Offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. That aside, Sleep EZ also offers sleepers a handful of bed accessories such as zippered covers, latex pillows, mattress toppers, and bedding. It also sells bed foundations from wood to adjustable bases.
What do customers have to say about Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. Customers who have slept on the mattresses from Sleep EZ are happy to share their experiences. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
Customers also stated that shipping was fast and easy. If there’s one thing that customers can attest to the most, it’s Sleep EZ’s opportunity to let them build and customize whichever type of firmness they may like: for instance, they can adjust the comfort level of any of the select mattresses’ layers before they could check out and wait for them to be delivered.
Sleep EZ has a lot to offer, from the positive reviews to the ability for sleepers to change the way they sleep. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. Customers can adjust the firmness level of selected models or arrange the layers to their liking. Flippable mattresses can also be modified in the same way.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. Other popular brands may offer sleepers lots of diversity, but not as much as Sleep EZ.
FAQ Sleep Ez Mattress Costco
Where is the Sleep EZ mattress model manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattress offerings are made in the US – its factory is located in Tempe, AZ.
Where can I buy Sleep EZ mattresses?
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. Arizona residents can visit its showroom in Tempe or one of its mattress stores in Scottsdale.
Sleep EZ ships and delivers its products where and how?
Sleep EZ uses bed-in-a-box delivery on all its mattress models, and ships them to all 50 US states and select territories in Canada. According to the company’s delivery policy, free shipping applies to the US mainland states, but customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to pay an additional $99 fee. Canadian customers will be charged $149 per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes! Every mattress in the current Sleep EZ line-up comes with a 90-night trial period. It also offers a 20-year warranty on Select Sleep Organic Latex models, and a ten year warranty on the Roma Latex model. Sleep Ez Mattress Costco