The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. With thousands of models, sizes, and brands to choose from, it can be quite difficult to choose the perfect one to suit your physical needs. You need a bed that conforms to your body and lasts for longer periods of time.
What if we told you that there is one brand that can give you both of those options, plus more? We’ll be looking at Sleep EZ today, a family-owned latex mattress specialist. We will also be looking at some of the most popular models. You might soon be in shock that you can customize however you want to make your sleep a little better than before!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: An Overview Sleep Ez Washington Dc
Sleep EZ is a family-owned company that specializes in organically-sourced latex mattresses and other types of bed-related needs. Although it was founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing and trademarked in 1976 by the company, the Sleep EZ brand was not acquired or trademarked until around ten year later. Before that, ‘Sleep EZ” had been in existence since 1935. Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Sleep EZ is based in Phoenix, Arizona. It offers a variety of durable and comfortable mattresses that are suitable for all households. If you’re into latex beds, you may have come across its top-performing organic and natural latex mattresses, the Roma bed, and the hybrid collection. Apart from those, it also sells useful accessories as well as specialty mattresses. Today, Sleep EZ is still owned by the Wolfe family of mattress experts, this time of the third generation.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros:
- High-performing materials make beds that are extremely durable
- Users have a wide range of customization options
- Non-hybrid mattresses have better motion isolation and noise absorption than most.
- Great cooling capabilities overall
- All mattresses are eligible for free shipping within the US
Cons of Sleep EZ:
- Most of its mattresses lack edge support except the hybrid ones
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to its official website, Sleep EZ currently sells the following mattress models. The majority of the materials they sell are natural and safe for everyone to use. They also have complied to a number of environmental standard certificates that further assures that the processes they have been subjected to don’t produce any dangerous outcomes. Let’s now take a closer look at the best-selling latex mattress that a specialist in the field has to offer.
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
Arguably among Sleep EZ’s most popular product offerings, the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress makes use of 100% organic materials – staying true to the title, it complies with the standards of organic certificates such as the Oeko-Tex. This bed comprises three layers of aerated Dunlop or Talalay latex, each of which comes in a range of comfort levels from soft to firm. The cover is made of a blend of organic cotton and natural wool.
What we like about the Organic Latex mattress is that it gives sleepers the advantage to adjust the total firmness by reconfiguring the layer structure even while at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″), $2899 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay latex or Dunlop latex (one-layer, 2″ to 3-1/2″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- It may have a higher price range than the models in its competition.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
The Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress is recommended for folks who often experience breathing problems or allergic reactions when in contact with some synthetic surfaces. It’s also ideal for those looking for a bed that they can adjust by themselves. Sleep Ez Washington Dc
Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
Also known as the Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress, Sleep EZ’s Natural Latex model offers sleepers the same fantastic features as the previously mentioned Organic Latex bed. The only factors that make each other distinct lie in the construction quality and, eventually, the price. For one, while the latter is made of 100% organic materials, the former has none but it is all-natural. Consequentially, this model’s starting price is much cheaper at around $200.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) ~ $1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- It offers enough comfort for sleepers, but this will depend on the layers’ firmnesses.
- Some sleepers may not like the latex material.
- Its temperature neutrality performance may be a hit-or-miss depending on the location’s climate
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. This may be the right choice for those who want to keep the old bed but have limited budget. Sleep Ez Washington Dc
Roma Latex Mattress
The Roma Mattress is Sleep EZ’s most affordable model offered to date. It is a flippable mattress that can be reconfigured whenever it feels uncomfortable. The price starts at $549. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. In addition, its latex and covers have enough breathable properties needed for a cool night’s sleep.
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $549 without foundation. $749 with Natural Wood 8″ foundation.
- Twin XL $599 (without foundation), $1424 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $2749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Cal. King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $1749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who Should Use This Mattress?
Considering the materials and construction, the Roma is a solid choice for individuals looking for either an entry-level model from Sleep EZ, a very budget-friendly product, or a bed that’s more suited for long-term singles.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress has everything you can expect from a high-quality Sleep EZ latex bed, but this time, it includes eight inches’ worth of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils sandwiched between a 3″ latex surface on one side and 2″ on the other. This model gives users the same self-customizable functions as its all-latex contemporaries. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. Sleep Ez Washington Dc
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
The Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress is the answer to your question. This bed is unique because it offers sleepers extra comfort and conforms to their bodies thanks to its 3″ adjustable latex pillowstop. It also has a quilted organic cotton-wool cover that can easily be removable using a 360-degree zipper that goes along the perimeter of the mattress, giving sleepers the chance to adjust its firmness anytime.
Other notable product offers
Though it may not be advertised in its online shop, Sleep EZ sells specialty mattresses for an extra edge, such as the Ultimate King Latex Mattress, which is much larger and wider than the standard California King model, as well as other types of beds designed for home and travel use – this includes custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds for babies to sleep on, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ, at one point, sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model, but that has since been discontinued. However, you may still find it in third-party mattress retailers across the country and online. Sleep EZ offers a few bed accessories, including zippered covers and latex pillows. You can also buy bed foundations, from wooden to adjustable bases.
What Do Customers Have to Say About Sleep EZ?
Based on the numerous reviews we could find, the reception with Sleep EZ as a whole remains to be mostly positive. The customers who have tried and tested the company’s line-up of mattresses are more than happy to share their firsthand experiences sleeping on them. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. If there’s one thing that customers can attest to the most, it’s Sleep EZ’s opportunity to let them build and customize whichever type of firmness they may like: for instance, they can adjust the comfort level of any of the select mattresses’ layers before they could check out and wait for them to be delivered.
Sleep EZ has a lot to offer, from the positive reviews to the ability for sleepers to change the way they sleep. As a latex mattress specialist, the family-owned firm surely does all it can do to accommodate sleepers of all sizes, ages, and kinds – whether they’re humans or domestic animals.
What we particularly like about its mattresses is the extra factor of reconfiguration and customization. As previously mentioned, customers can either change up the firmness levels of select models however they like or rearrange the layers themselves if they aren’t feeling the current structure. The same can be applied to flippable mattresses.
No matter what type of bed, there’s always something for everyone – that’s why we think the Sleep EZ brand is utterly underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Sleep Ez Washington Dc
Where is the Sleep EZ mattress model manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattresses are made in America – the factory is located in Tempe AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. If you live in Arizona, you may find and buy from its factory showroom in the Tempe area, or its mattress store locations across the state in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
How – and where – does Sleep EZ ship and deliver its products?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. According to the company’s delivery policy, free shipping applies to the US mainland states, but customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to pay an additional $99 fee. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes, it does! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. Sleep Ez Washington Dc