The mattress market can get oversaturated and overwhelming sometimes. With thousands of models, sizes, and brands to choose from, it can be quite difficult to choose the perfect one to suit your physical needs. Not only would you need a bed that can conform to your body well despite the changes you will go through, but also last you for a longer period.
Were you aware that one brand can offer all of these options and more? Today, we’ll take a close look at Sleep EZ, a family-owned sleep specialist with firsthand expertise in latex mattresses. We’ll also check out some of its most popular models. It’s possible to be pleasantly surprised at how customizable you can make your bed.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from the The Laurel Thicket’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Sleep EZ, you may still want to check out our article below.
Sleep EZ: An Overview Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ is a family-owned company that specializes in organically-sourced latex mattresses and other types of bed-related needs. Founded in 1966 under the name Wolfe Manufacturing, the Sleep EZ brand wasn’t acquired and eventually trademarked by the firm until around ten years later in 1976 – before this, ‘Sleep EZ’ had already come into existence as early as 1935! Since then, it has become a leading figure in the latex mattress field, assuring that its stellar line-up is “safe for the whole family.”
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Sleep EZ offers a wide range of comfortable and exceptionally durable mattresses, each suited for every household. You may have seen its best-selling organic and natural latex mattresses, as well as the Roma and hybrid collections. Apart from those, it also sells useful accessories as well as specialty mattresses. Today, Sleep EZ is still owned by the Wolfe family of mattress experts, this time of the third generation.
Overall rating: 9/10
Sleep EZ’s Pros
- Amazingly durable beds thanks to their high-performing materials
- Offers users a diverse range of customization possibilities
- Most mattresses (non-hybrid types) have decent motion isolation and much better noise absorption
- Cooling abilities overall are outstanding
- Free shipping is offered on all mattresses across the US mainland
Cons of Sleep EZ:
- Except for hybrid mattresses, most of the mattresses lack edge support.
- It is possible to have a mixed response to pressure relief.
- Some of the beds’ prices may be higher than the competitive range
Take a look at the Sleep EZ Mattress Line-up
According to the official website of Sleep EZ, they currently sell these mattress models. Most of their materials here are naturally sourced and generally safe for the whole family to use and sleep on. They have also complied with a variety of environmental standard certificates, further guaranteeing that the processes they’ve been subject to do not produce any dangerous outcomes. Without further ado, let’s take a close inspection of the top-selling mattress the latex mattress specialist has to offer!
Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress
Arguably among Sleep EZ’s most popular product offerings, the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress makes use of 100% organic materials – staying true to the title, it complies with the standards of organic certificates such as the Oeko-Tex. The bed is made up of three layers of Talalay or Dunlop latex. Each layer can be ordered in a variety of comfort levels, from soft to firm. The cover is a mix of organic cotton, natural wool.
The best thing about the Organic Latex mattress? It allows you to adjust the firmness of the layers by changing them at home. That’s because the bed cover is removable, so, whenever you decide to switch up the layers to adjust to your ever-changing needs, you can always do it without any help (unless you have serious mobility issues – latex is a heavier material than, say, foam).
Sizes and price ranges available
- Twin: $949 (Select 7″) $1499 (Select 13″)
- Twin XL: $1099 (7″) $1599 (13″)
- Full: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Queen: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King: $1599 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- King Split: $1899 (7″), $2899 (13)
- California King: $1649 (7″) ~ $2699 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1799 (7″) ~ $2899 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Talalay or Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex, one to three layers, each 3 inches in diameter
- Cover: Organic cotton quilted to Eco-Wool 1″
- The bed’s overall firmness can be customized based on your needs
- Wholly organic and highly breathable construction and feel
- You can change up the mattress structure even at home
- Some may find its layers difficult to move around due to the latex construction
- The price range may be higher than its competitor models
This Mattress is for Everyone
People who have allergies or suffer from breathing problems due to contact with synthetic surfaces should consider the Select Sleep Organic Latex Mattress. This bed is ideal for people who want a bed they can easily adjust. Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress
Choose Sleep Natural Latex Mattress
The Natural Lifetime Dream Mattress is also known as the Natural Latex Model by Sleep EZ. It offers the same amazing features as the Organic Latex bed. Only the quality of the construction and the final price are the only differences between the two beds. The former is 100% organic, but the latter has no such thing, and it is all-natural. This model starts at $200, which is a significant discount.
Like the Organic version, the Select Sleep Natural mattress allows you to customize however you want the comfort level of the surface to be – you may either opt for a dual-firmness surface or one that’s strategically designed to contour your body. Additionally, you can also reconfigure the three-layer structure of the bed even in the comforts of your home, thanks to the removable bed cover made out of 100% natural cotton and Joma wool knit.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $749 (Select Sleep 7″) ~ $1149 (Select Sleep 13″)
- Twin XL: $799 (7″) 1299 (13″)
- Full: $1099 (7″) ~ $1699 (13″)
- Queen: $1149 (7″) ~ $1849 (13″)
- King: $1349 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- King Split: $1498 (7″), $2498 (13)
- Cal. King: $1449 (7″) ~ $2299 (13″)
- Cal. King Split: $1498 (7″) ~ $2498 (13″)
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: Natural Dunlop latex (one layer, 2″ to 3″)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (one to three layers, 3″ each)
- Cover: Natural cotton knit quilted 1″ natural Joma Wool
- You can customize the firmness of your bed based on your specific needs
- Even at home, you can modify the mattress structure
- It provides sleepers with enough comfort, but that will depend on the layers’ firmnesses and structure
- The mostly latex material may not sit well for some sleepers
- Its ability to neutralize temperature may vary depending on where it is located.
Who should use this mattress?
As with the organic variant, the Select Sleep Natural Latex Mattress is ideal for sleepers who may want a fully customizable model. For those who are somewhat interested in the previous bed but are running short on budget, this may be a great choice as well. Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress
Roma Latex Mattress
Sleep EZ’s most affordable model to date is the Roma Mattress. It is a flippable mattress that can be reconfigured whenever it feels uncomfortable. The price starts at $549. On one surface, you may sense a firmer comfort level, while on the other side you get a more medium feel as you lay down on it.
The Roma’s construction is made out of 100% top-to-bottom natural latex, and the impressively quilted cotton cover has traces of synthetic material woven into it. Though it may not be all-natural nor all-organic, it is CertiPUR-US-certified, which means you get lesser VOC emissions as you open it from the plastic wrap packaging. Its latex and covers are breathable enough to provide cool sleep.
Available Sizing and Price Range
- Twin: $549 (without foundation) ~ $749 (with Natural Wood 8″ foundation)
- Twin XL $599 (without foundation), $1424 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- Full: $749 (without foundation) ~ $1024 (with Natural Wood 8″)
- Queen: $799 without foundation $1794 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
- King: $1099 (without foundation) ~ $2749 (with iSleepEZ adjustable base)
- Cal. King: $1099 without foundation. King: $1749 with iSleepEZ adjustable bases
Construction and Materials
- Comfort layer: 1 1/2 ” foam on either side (3″ total)
- Support core: Natural Dunlop latex (6″)
- Cover: Organic cotton
- Because of its flippable nature, it provides adjustable capabilities to sleepers
- It produces enough bounce for added mobility across either surface of the bed
- Cooling abilities are decent
- It doesn’t offer enough opportunities for people who prefer soft surfaces.
- Comparing to higher-priced counterparts, the overall quality of construction is lower.
Who should use this mattress?
The Roma is a solid choice for anyone looking for a budget-friendly model or a long-term bed for a single.
Sleep EZ offers other products
Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress
The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress has everything you can expect from a high-quality Sleep EZ latex bed, but this time, it includes eight inches’ worth of Bolsa ComfortCore pocketed coils sandwiched between a 3″ latex surface on one side and 2″ on the other. The Select Sleep Hybrid Mattress offers the same customizable functions as its all latex counterparts. Its stronger edge support, which is provided by the construction frame, sets it apart from other models. Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress
Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop
For those wondering if the previous model has an upgraded version, look no further than the Select Sleep 360 Hybrid Pillowtop mattress. What sets this bed apart from the other is that it provides sleepers with much-needed extra comfort that conforms to their silhouettes thanks to the inclusion of a 3″ adjustable latex pillowtop. The mattress also features a quilted organic cotton wool cover that can be easily removed using a 360-degree zipper. This allows sleepers to adjust the firmness of the mattress at any time.
Other notable product offers
Although it is not listed in the online shop, Sleep EZ offers specialty mattresses. This includes the Ultimate King Latex Mattress. It is larger than the standard California King size and has a wider base. There are also other beds that can be used for travel and home use, including custom-made RV mattresses, crib beds, and dog beds.
Sleep EZ sold the Luxerion Natural Latex Hybrid model at one time, but this has since been discontinued. It may be available online and at third-party mattress retailers in the United States. That aside, Sleep EZ also offers sleepers a handful of bed accessories such as zippered covers, latex pillows, mattress toppers, and bedding. You can also buy bed foundations, from wooden to adjustable bases.
What Do Customers Have to Say About Sleep EZ?
We found many reviews that the overall reception to Sleep EZ is positive. Customers who have slept on the mattresses from Sleep EZ are happy to share their experiences. So far, the sleepers have lauded Sleep EZ for its exceptional customer service team for being friendly and reliable even in times of need.
They also said that product shipping has been fast and easy most of the time. Customers can attest to one thing: Sleep EZ’s ability to allow them to build and customize any type of firmness. For instance, they can adjust the comfort level for any layer of select mattresses before they can check out and wait to receive them.
Sleep EZ has a lot to offer, from the positive reviews to the ability for sleepers to change the way they sleep. The family-owned company is a specialist in latex mattresses and will do everything it can to accommodate all types of sleepers, whether they are humans or domestic pets.
We love the flexibility and customizability of its mattresses. Customers can adjust the firmness level of selected models or arrange the layers to their liking. The same can be applied to flippable mattresses.
There’s something for everyone, no matter what kind of bed you choose. That’s why the Sleep EZ brand is so underrated. While other brands offer more variety, Sleep EZ offers more.
FAQ Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress
Where are the Sleep EZ mattress models manufactured?
All Sleep EZ mattress offerings are made in the US – its factory is located in Tempe, AZ.
Where can I purchase Sleep EZ mattresses
Sleep EZ mattresses and other accessories can be ordered through its official website, sleepez.com. Arizona residents can visit its showroom in Tempe or one of its mattress stores in Scottsdale.
Sleep EZ ships and delivers its products where and how?
Sleep EZ uses bed in a box delivery for all mattress models and ships them all over the USA and Canada. According to the company’s delivery policy, free shipping applies to the US mainland states, but customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to pay an additional $99 fee. Canadian customers will need to pay $149 more per box.
Sleep EZ offers a 30-day trial and a guarantee on all mattresses.
Yes! Sleep EZ’s 90-night sleep trial period is covered in every purchase of each mattress from its current line-up. Additionally, it offers customers a 20-year warranty for the Select Sleep Organic and Natural Latex models and a ten-year warranty for the Roma Latex bed. Spring Vs Foam Vs Latex Mattress